EMERGING CINEMATOGRAPHER AWARDS 2020 QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES
All entrants and films must meet the following requirements for consideration:
- Applications from Local 600 members only will be accepted. The FilmFreeway account must be registered to the Local 600 member who is also the Director of Photography on the film. Films submitted by anyone other than the Director of Photography will not be accepted.
- Entrant must be an active member in good standing with Local 600. If the submitter cannot be identified as a member of Local 600, the film will be disqualified.
- Entrant must not be classified as a Director of Photography with Local 600 or have worked enough days to rerate to Director of Photography.
- Films submitted must be no longer than thirty (30) minutes in length, including credits.
- Entrant must have served as the Director of Photography on the majority of the short film.
- Films must be a stand-alone piece and not part of a bigger project.
- One (1) film submission per ICG member is allowed.
- Applications must be completed in its entirety. Missing information may result in disqualification.
- There is a 2-time winner maximum. Entrants who have already been an ECA Honoree twice will not qualify. Anyone previously recognized as an Honorable Mention will qualify, provided Honoree status has not reached the 2-time maximum.
- Submissions must be completed and uploaded by 11:59 PM (PST) Wednesday, March 18, 2020. We recommend an upload start time by 10:00 PM (PST) to meet the deadline.
***Failure to meet any of the above entry requirements will result in disqualification***
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR FILM ELECTRONICALLY ON FILMFREEWAY
- FilmFreeway Technical Specs: Full Quality HD up to 10 GB; Max video bitrate: 2200 kbps, H264, mp4; Audio: 128 kbps, AAC, 2 channel stereo; Aspect ratio preserved; max video height 720 px.
- Visit www.filmfreeway.com. If you don’t have a FilmFreeway “filmmaker” account, you must create one to submit. It’s free!
- Once you are logged in to your account, create a project by going to My Projects > Add a Project. Fill out the information about yourself and the project, select Add a Digital Version to upload your short film.
- Once the film is uploaded onto your account, click or enter the following URL to submit your film: https://filmfreeway.com/festival/EmergingCinematographerAwards. Please note that because the ECA Call For Entries is not open to the public, the submission page is not searchable in the film festival search tool bar.
- To submit your film, click the green Submit Now button.
- Select your project & complete the additional information/application.
- Select the checkbox located to the right of the entry fee related to your desired category of entry.
- Add to Cart and Checkout (there is no fee to submit your film, but you must checkout to complete the submission process).
- Check your email to confirm your submission was received.
QUESTIONS & CONTACT INFORMATION
323-876-0160 ext. 2728
7755 Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90046