Emerging Cinematographer Awards Qualification Guidelines
All entrants and films must meet the following requirements for consideration:
- MEMBERS of ICG, LOCAL 600 ONLY can make application on FilmFreeway. The entrant on FilmFreeway must be the Director of Photography on the film, and he/she must be identifiable as a member of Local 600. Local 600 verifies each entrant to confirm membership. If the submitter cannot be identified as a member of Local 600, the film will be disqualified.
- Entrant must be an active member in good standing with Local 600. Member status will be verified.
- Entrant must not be classified as a Director of Photography with Local 600, or worked enough days to rerate to Director of Photography.
- Films submitted must be no longer than 30 (thirty) minutes in length (including credits).
- Entrant must have served as the Director of Photography on the majority of the short film.
- Films must be a stand-alone piece and not part of a bigger project.
- One (1) film submission per ICG member is allowed.
- All online information must be completed in its entirety. Missing information may result in disqualification.
- There is a 2X winner maximum. Entrants who have been an Honoree twice do not qualify. Anyone previously recognized as Honorable Mention will qualify provided Honoree status has not reached the 2X maximum.
- Submissions must be completed and uploaded by 11:59 PM (PST) Wednesday, February 14, 2018. We recommend an upload start time by 10:00 PM (PST) to meet the deadline.
***Failure to meet any of the above entry requirements will result in disqualification***
How to Submit Your Film Electronically on Film Freeway
Please note that because the ECA Call For Entry is NOT open to the public, the submission page is not searchable in the film festival search tool bar. You must use the URL provided below for access to the page and submit your film.
- Film Freeway Technical Specs: Full Quality HD up to 10 GB; Max video bitrate: 2200 kbps, H264, mp4; Audio: 128 kbps, AAC, 2 channel stereo; Aspect ratio preserved; max video height 720 px.
- Log onto www.filmfreeway.com. If you don’t have a FilmFreeway “filmmaker” account, you must create one to submit. It’s free!
- Once you are logged onto your account, create a project by going to My Projects > Add a Project. Fill out the information about yourself and the project, select “Add a Digital Version” to upload the short film.
- Once the film is uploaded onto your account, you will need to enter this URL into your web browser to submit the film: https://filmfreeway.com/festival/EmergingCinematographerAwards.
- To submit your film, click the green "Submit Now" button.
- Select your project & complete the additional information/application.
- Select the checkbox located to the right of the entry fee related to your desired category of entry.
- Add to cart & checkout (there is NO fee to submit, but you must checkout to complete the submission process).
- To confirm your submission was received, check your email for a confirmation of receipt.
To download/print this information click here.
Questions & Contact Information
323-876-0160 ext. 2728
7755 Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90046