ICG’s Call For Entry for the 2013 Emerging Cinematographer Awards Is Here! All submissions for entry into the 2013 Emerging Cinematographer Awards must meet the following requirements:
- Entrant must be an active member in good standing with Local 600.
- Entrant must not be classified as a Director of Photography with Local 600.
- Entrant must have served as the Director of Photography on the majority of the short film being submitted.
- Image creation for the short film can be originated in any format.
- Films must be a stand-alone piece and not part of a bigger project.
- One (1) film submission per entrant is allowed.
- Films submitted must be no longer than a total of 30 minutes in length.
- Entrant must include (10) ten working DVD copies of his/her submission for the judging panel process. DVDs should be tested (DVDs will not be returned to entrants. No Blu-Ray).
- All DVDs must be properly labeled with the DP’s full name, and film title.
- DVDs must be enclosed in flat paper sleeves only. No hard and/or plastic cases.
- Application must be completed in full.
- Submission and application must be postdated no later than 5:30 PM (PST), Monday, February 4, 2013.
Failure to meet any of the above entry requirements will result in disqualification.
In an effort to keep the quality of our show to the highest technological standards, we request that all films be finished on a 35mm projection print or minimum DigiBeta (720 x 486) quality. The recommended formats are DigiBeta, HDCam, HDCam SR, DVCPro 100, QuickTime (720 x 486 or higher), or 35mm print.
It is strongly recommended that all (10) ten DVDs being submitted are tested on DVD player(s), MAC and/or PC prior to submitting, in order to prevent disqualification.
For questions, contact MaryAnne MacDougall at firstname.lastname@example.org or 323-876-0160 x228.
To complete and print the application, click here.
To print the requirements, click here.